lukich

Forward eye turn

Dmitry- welcome to T.U, you are a long way from home, life would be warming up a bit up there with Spring coming on, here it is just the opposite, Autumn is really starting to set in. Sorry I can't help you with your 'eye turn' post.

You are in good company, there seems to be a lot of people from outside U.S enlisting here lately, and I am sure they are glad to have you here. Looking forward to seeing some more of your posts.pete

@ lukich

I can't tell the exact influence of that vertical tow eye , some sinking glider jerkbaits have them ,..... someone once told me , that is has an influence on the gliding action of a lure , improves it on certain models .

But don't ask me about any physical explanation........:huh::huh::lol: !

greetz , diemai:yay:

@ lukich

I can't tell the exact influence of that vertical tow eye , some sinking glider jerkbaits have them ,..... someone once told me , that is has an influence on the gliding action of a lure , improves it on certain models .

But don't ask me about any physical explanation........:huh::huh::lol: !

Diemai on some gliders they need a little help swimming from the leader. Think of the leaders connection to the bait as the pivot point. What I mean is when working glide bait with a leader the bait you will facing the other way. First you will snap the rod the bait starts glide in one direction and passes the leader up in the water.Instead of your leader and lure being in a staight line now it looks more like a > shape and the point of this shape is the pivot point and the leader is faceing the other way from the bait. You already know this but what the line tie facing the other way does it allows the leader connection to swing further inside of the eye of the bait causeing sharper turns because the pivot point has moved from directly in front of the bait now it may be anywhere inside of the circle of the line tie. The easy way of looking at it is take a peice of chain and stretch it straight it will pivot on the last link. Now take that same piece of chain and turn one link sideways and now it has the freedom to slide up and down that side of the link.Ive seen baits turn so sharp they spin and face the opposite direction they were going.I do all my glide baits with the eye faceing this way for sharp turns and you can also make them stay longer in the strike zone because there not moving as fast in a forward motion but more side to side. Edited by jamie

@ jamie

Thanks a lot , you have managed to give a good explanation , that even I am able to follow and understand ,......very nice , indeed :yes::yes::yay:!

@ lukich

Thought , that you were talking about vertical toweyes and not about size and wire diameter:?;) !

Anyway , jamie has given a very good explanation :yes:!

On crankbaits vertical tow eyes won't be practical , since you won't be able to tune the eye(sideward) , if your lure doesn't track straight , these tow eyes are only for glider jerkbaits , I guess .

@ jamie

I have not understood an example with a chain.

If to consider a lure and wire as piece of a chain it is impossible to tell that a lure slides on wire or on the contrary. Piece of chain are linked perpendicularly and equal in rights.

Probably I not absolutely precisely have understood you.

Really during jerk a lure and wire move in different directions.

And force of jerk on the turned eye will have not in the center of a lure and a little sideways.

If it has good action, can it is necessary to make a forward eye by more diameter? :?

I you have correctly understood "eye faceing" it the eye means to turn concerning the others?

Dmitry

@ jamie

I have not understood an example with a chain.

If to consider a lure and wire as piece of a chain it is impossible to tell that a lure slides on wire or on the contrary. Piece of chain are linked perpendicularly and equal in rights.

Probably I not absolutely precisely have understood you.

Really during jerk a lure and wire move in different directions.

And force of jerk on the turned eye will have not in the center of a lure and a little sideways.

If it has good action, can it is necessary to make a forward eye by more diameter? :?

I you have correctly understood "eye faceing" it the eye means to turn concerning the others?

Dmitry

Im having a hard time understanding what your looking for. I was replying to a comment made by diemai on the workings of turning the tow eye and its effects. The reason the lure and leader on a glide bait are not always straight in line with each other is the lure on a pull of the rod will glide past the leader and theleader being stiff will pivot and cause your leader and bait to make a > shape(one line is your bait on this shape here >and the other being your leader and the point being the pivot) The chain comment was just a aid to help diemai understand how it works. On the chain that I was talking about you really are looking at the last two links. The last link(the line tie on your bait) and the second link (being the leader connection or the snap).If you stretched the chain out the pivot point on the two links are only in one spot. If you take the last link and turn it sideways the second link ( your leader connection or snap)will be able to slideup and down the firstlink(your line tie on the bait) and the pivot point could be anywhere within the loop. You will be able to make a good glide bait turn sharper and you can turn a not so good bait into a glider. This wont fix every bait, due to the design from shape to thickness, but it does help. The way im describing is your should be able to look through you tow eye or line tie when you are holding your bait and your only looking at the top of the bait or the spine.