RiverMan

Dick Nite Storage Containers

Anyone have some containers that are working to store Dick Nite clearcoat? I have a quart and need to break it down into smaller containers. I have been looking at some jars with metal lids but they all have a thin plastic liner on the inside of the lid. I'm worried the DN will break down that plastic and ruin the clearcoat.

Any suggestions?

thx.

Jed

RiverMan

I brush mine on and only make a few baits at a time , so I use a small amount at one time . I open a can and place all the contents into little 1 oz glass bottles with plastic lined lids .. Also I tape the lid over to eliminate any air getting in .. Seems to work really good and I can store 15 to 20 bottles at one time and havent had any problems yet

Boone

Dick said (on here) he was going to check this and the 3M bags out about 12 months ago, but not a peep since, must be still selling heaps, so why bother. Cynical, you bet I am. pete

Glad you brought this up! I did check into those bags, and the suppliers either a) were too proud of their product ($$$) to the point it would make the retail price unacceptable, or B) required purchases in quantities that would break my bank...

I did ask a couple of my vendors to source similar bags for me, but neither of them could come up with anything useable. The one that I got a sample of would work, were it not for the extreme thickness of the bag - made it extremely difficult to work with.

I am still on the lookout - not just for these, but for any other packaging alternative that would make our product easier and more economical to use.

Sorry I didn't respond here earlier to this - it really did slip my mind after the initial failed searching and sample.

I will revisit this with my packaging vendors and see if they can come up with anything now. Afterall, in this economy, manufacturers are getting much easier to work with!

Dick

Dick - thank's for your reply, with such a good product, it's a shame there is not a simple solution to keeping the moisture out -I have no doubt someone will come up with a container which is suitable, cheap and readily available, the 'zip lok' bag sounds like a good start, and I might get around to trying a wine cask (bag) one day, but at $55 for a pint here it is a pretty expensive experiment.pete