booneangler

What do i need to start painting

I been thinking about trying my hand at painting crankbaits. Never done this just thought i would like to try it. What do i need to get started. Where do i need to go to get my air brush and accessories? Like paint. I hear a lot of people are using automotive paint and clear now. How do you go about getting this stuff?

I myself have not taken the plunge for an airbrush yet. I am starting school full time and just cant justify buying it. So I hand paint most of mine., and it does get frustrating. I have gotten to the point where I use a sponge instead of a brush and use acrylics.

However, if you do want to go the airbrush route, http://www.tcpglobal.com is where most people go for airbrush stuff. They have compressor/airbrush sets from $139. I am sure some of the other guys here have more input on it though.

Well, there is a wealth of information in these forums and also online elsewhere. The things you should try to read about though are, get a dual action brush, what type of paints you want to spray, what safety equipment you need to spray certain paints, and what compressor you need. Some people have listed what they use on these forums.

On that tcpglobal site there is a lure making airbrush link under airbrushes, you just have to look for it.