hadesalmighty

createx iridescent effect?

I have some parma fas-change red paint that when sprayed over white can only be seen when held a certain way in the light...i love the look of it!

that got me thinking if i had a blue color that would do that i could better mimic a blueback herring.

problem is there is no blue fas-change available to me locally so i was wondering if the iridescent createx colors do this same effect?

and lastly if the createx does do this where is the best place to buy online,as none of my local hobby shops carry the iridescents.

thanks much for the help

New Faskolor Paint Parma Lexan 40181 Faschange Blue 2oz - eBay (item 380109474913 end time May-08-09 07:56:20 PDT)

If you can't find Faschange Blue locally there are several places on line..... including ebay........ There is also Faschange green and purple........ If you find any Faschange GOLD......... Get it or tell me where you found it......... The gold is not being made anymore.

The Createx irredescent does not have the same effect. BUT.... The Createx Chameleon does.......... And as with Faschange gold, the chameleon gold is no longer in production.........

All the best,

BJ

That just might be the color. The Flair colors are about 60 bucks for 4 oz. if your interested through Auto Air colors. I special ordered a matallic fastback green for my rainbow trout and that was pricy but the final outcome was worth it. Not to mention I was told that i was the only one on the west coast that had it at the time. New colors are Kewl if you can afford them though.:yay:

I'm no expert, but I think ya'll are making this more expensive and difficult than it is. Color shifts are just a combination or more specifically layers of paint. Take a taxidermist for instance, he can recreate the perfect colorshift replica of a true fish and never spend more than $6 for a 4oz jar of paint. I'm not talented enough to shoot an expensive large pearl auto paint that requires a .10 mm needle on a 2" bait. Plus ya still need to layer the right paint/base underneath or the color shift wont show.

Its all about the layering of paint, not a magic color in my opinion. Save yourself some $$ and buy the highlite stuff from Wasco like someone else mentioned. Top it off with some transparent colors and you can create any color shift you wish.

I got a really "irridescent" effect by mixing fine glitter into Minwax Polyacrylic, and then painting it on where I wanted it.

I'm waiting for a buddy to give me some soft plastic highlite powder to try with this method.

I think having the particles suspended in the clear keeps the slightly above the paint scheme below, and really enhances the 3D effect.

I'm also going to try adding some irridescent Createx to the Polyacrylic, to see if that also works.

I use the Auto Air Colors Hi-Lite Blue when wanting the effect you are talking about. I mist it very lightly over a darker blue or green and the result is spectacular when clear coated!

The specific paint is a series 4400 Hi-Lite Interference Blue.They also make it in green which is just as amazing! You can shoot it through any Iwata Airbrush besides the Micron series. reduce it with 4011 reducer to make it an even more subtle effect!

The Hot Rod Sparkle White also looks incredible when mixed with any transparent color as it reflects the colors it's mixed with. You will need at least a .5 needle/nozzle combo for the Hot Rod Sparkles though.

The Flair colors are about 60 bucks for 4 oz. if your interested through Auto Air colors. I special ordered a matallic fastback green for my rainbow trout and that was pricy but the final outcome was worth it. Not to mention I was told that i was the only one on the west coast that had it at the time. New colors are Kewl if you can afford them though.:yay:

Where do you order this green color? Thanks

It is a series 4300 special FX Metallic color The paint store which carries auto colors ppg and all them colors said they never heard of this color or even had it on their computers. living in southern ca. i had to call a shop in santa barbara to find out how to get this color cause nobody had it on the west coast yet. they gave me auto airs phone number back east in east grandby, ct. go to autoair web to find the number i not shure if i can give that info out on this web site. if you have a auto paint shop that carries autoair they will have the paint chip in the brochure. that flair color is a series 4400 color shift fx. my fall/winter 2008 brochure doesnt have these colors listed. i need the 2009 brochure.:yay:

What color is this on Kanz's Sebile?

100_6286.jpg

If I was a betting man, I say it looks alot like some finely ground prisim flake to me.....I've got a jar of it in the shop only slightly coarser than what was used on that bait.....used over a silver base produces the same effect.....there are several brands around that give off the same type of effect....just add it to your clear.

If I was a betting man, I say it looks alot like some finely ground prisim flake to me.....I've got a jar of it in the shop only slightly coarser than what was used on that bait.....used over a silver base produces the same effect.....there are several brands around that give off the same type of effect....just add it to your clear.

Now your'e talking, break it down and make your own, it's amazing what we will pay for a bit of titanium/brass/aluminium/bismith dust in a fancy bottle with a fancy name, and of course some 'binder'. Get your files out and make some. pete

To the point someone else already made, layering paints / flake is a great way to create shifts. If you want to make some of your own irridescent / interference paints, try to find the various Jacquard Interference powders and mix them in a translucent base like Createx makes. It will be a whole lot cheaper to make up and you can layer them to create different effects. I have several versions of these all purchased locally at either Hobby Lobby or AC Moore. So go get a 4oz bottle of base, and a couple jars of powder and a couple extra 1 or 2 oz bottles from the hobby store and mix your own.