CMARTIN269

HELP!! Iv'e just ran out of D2T

HELP!! Iv'e just ran out of D2T. What or Is there anthing that is comparable.I only make baits for myself so the ease and speed of D2T was perfect. I don't use a drying wheel , I am usually only making a couple baits at a time.Locktite has a 30 min. epoxy is

it the same as Devcon Iv'e never seen it mentioned here. I have baits waiting.

I get mine here in larger 9oz. bottles. I mix on duct tape on my workbench, laying out two parallel lines of resin and hardener, strictly by eye, and it has worked fine. The mix isn't quite as critical as Etex or Nu Lustre. I've almost finished another set of bottles, and the resin and hardener that are left in the bottles are almost exactly the same. Just make the lines the same length and thickness. The resin is thicker, so I always do the resin line first, to let it sag a little, and then do the hardener, which sags more quickly as I squeeze it out.

The Old Texas Woodcarvers Shop - Wood Carving Tools - Carving Tools, Books

Me too! The suggested supplier in Mark's post gives great service. I haven't tried to compare prices with the dept. store tubes, it just seems the bottles last much longer. Be sure to cut the tube ends the same on both bottles.

You can burn a lot of gas running all over town looking for the smaller tubes.

ken

Hey all,

I agree with silverdoctor. The bottles will last must longer. In fact, the 9 ounce bottles are equivalent to equivalent to about 11 syringes. 11 syringes, at about 3 dollars each, is 33 dollars, without shipping. The 9 ounce bottles are less that half that, at about 12 dollars without shipping. IMHO get the bottles, they are much more cost efficient and mill last much longer.

P.S. I really shouldn't be telling you guys this, but the website www.hobbylinc.com has the 9 ounce bottles for very cheap, $11.89 to be exact, with 6 dollar shipping. Just go to the website and search "Devcon." Best deal around IMO.

Edited by Basschamp167
link