Them Muskie Lures

Gravity Feed Airbrush Help

I am thinking about purchasing a Paasche Talon airbrush or possibly an Iwata (lower end) brush. I already have 2 PS900 airbrushes and i like them, but I want to know if either of these brushes are better. I also want to have a brush that I can get parts locally if I needed to. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

www.themmuskielures.com

Greg,

I don't know about the PS900 other than what I have read on the posts here on TU, and I don't recall hearing anything bad or negative about them. In fact I have been toying with the idea of getting one myself.

I can vouch for the Paasche Talon. I bought one about 3 months ago and have put a ton of hours on it. I really am pleased with this brush. Very easy to operate, comfortable and does not cramp my hand even after hours of use. It is also very easy to clean and maintain. Again, I am not sure if it is "better" than the PS900, but is one hell of a brush for the money.

Hope this was of some help to you.

I have an Iwata Revolution BR with a .3mm tip and like it very much. Same basic design and quality as the more expensive Iwatas in a frill-free model that goes for around $70. Maybe it's just me but I'm wary of any airbrush that doesn't state its tip size in the specifications. How else can you know what kind of spray pattern to expect?

I would like to suggest talking to the tech's at Dixie Art on airbrush recommendations. There as many opinions on site as there are "elbows." Like others, I bought an Iwata knockoff for applying base coat. I spend most of my time cleaning a clogged nozzle. My primary brush is an Iwata HP-B (flawless after 3 plus years use). You get what you pay for (slipped an opinion in).

I noticed one of the airbrush sites had a chart on performance/recommendations on the various Iwata models vs. intended use. (forgot which one, sorry).

Iwata all the way. I won't use anything else and for good reason.

a great overall choice is the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS seen here: IWATA-MEDEA • Products • Airbrushes • Eclipse • HP-CS • Medea Airbrush Products

It's a workhorse and will never let you down! It can also spray everything from pretty fine details up to a nice coverage just by pulling away from the surface and experimenting with air pressure.

If you also pick up the separate MAC (Micro Air control) valve

IWATA-MEDEA • Products • Accessories • External Mac Valve • Medea Airbrush Products

that connects between your airbrush and hose you can dial in the perfect working pressure right at the airbrush. Believe me this is a feature you will soon learn to LOVE!