atrophius

News from a noobie

5 posts in this topic

Well, I uploaded my first lipless crank, and just got done clear coating my swimbait and another lipless crank. After mixing my etex, I let it sit for about 5 or so minutes. It still had some bubbles, so I came up with a trick to get a bubbless brush dip into the epoxy. I turned the cup at about 45 degrees and rotated it for a minute or so. When you set the cup down, there is a bubbless center to draw your epoxy from :yeah:

Anyway, thats my 2 cents on bubble reduction. However, I am at a bit of loss for the swimbait put together. I have coated the 3 segments seperatly. I made the eyelets from stock wire and they are joined together already. Any ideas on how to epoxy them easily maybe? I do have some overdrilled holes where the eyelets go in so I can recess the eyelet some for a tighter joint.

Thanks ahead of time

Great tip on the epoxy. Thanks.

As for coating the joints, I coat my joints with D2T before I assemble, and then coat the rest of the lure with my other epoxy, Nu Lustre 55 (Etex-like) on my drying wheel after assembly.

ah ok , thanks mark. I have already coated my 3 segments. I guess im gonna have to tapeone side of the screws and epoxy them in one at a time...well, lesson learned hehe.