- - - - -

I made the switch.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

I switched from D2T to E-Tex,now a couple quick questions.I am a painter not a builder so I use mostly netcraft baits.Will one coat be enough,and how long do yourun your drying wheel.
I also built me adrying wheel and I would like to thank every body for the post and pictures it helped alot.

#2 spidergrub6

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

I have just started using etex also. For the drying wheel I left the baits (bass size) on for about 5 hours and then just hung them up to cure completely. I did not have any problems with the stuff running but it may be different for bigger baits. On coats I am not sure but it sounds like a lot of the guys use two or three for a top coat.

#3 atrophius

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

I believe this was a recent discussion somewhere. I think some use the Dick nites dip method on some of the prefab baits. I would think a thin coat or 2 would work well enough. Depends what your fishing for maybe though. I am new myself but maybe someone else could chime in on this.

#4 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,797 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

In my experience repainting cranks, one coat of Etex is fine for plastic lures, because they are so hard.
For wood lures, I'd do at least two coats.

#5 jim45498

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

I tried the E-tex after using D2t for a long time. I went back to the D2T because it was so much more managable. I am using some Dick Nite now and I will give it a chance to beat the D2T. I have a pint of DN and some Bloxygen. Hopefully I don't lose it suddenly.:mad: