CMARTIN269

I made the switch.

5 posts in this topic

CMARTIN269    10

I switched from D2T to E-Tex,now a couple quick questions.I am a painter not a builder so I use mostly netcraft baits.Will one coat be enough,and how long do yourun your drying wheel.

I also built me adrying wheel and I would like to thank every body for the post and pictures it helped alot.

spidergrub6    10

I have just started using etex also. For the drying wheel I left the baits (bass size) on for about 5 hours and then just hung them up to cure completely. I did not have any problems with the stuff running but it may be different for bigger baits. On coats I am not sure but it sounds like a lot of the guys use two or three for a top coat.

atrophius    10

I believe this was a recent discussion somewhere. I think some use the Dick nites dip method on some of the prefab baits. I would think a thin coat or 2 would work well enough. Depends what your fishing for maybe though. I am new myself but maybe someone else could chime in on this.

mark poulson    1,700

In my experience repainting cranks, one coat of Etex is fine for plastic lures, because they are so hard.

For wood lures, I'd do at least two coats.

jim45498    11

I tried the E-tex after using D2t for a long time. I went back to the D2T because it was so much more managable. I am using some Dick Nite now and I will give it a chance to beat the D2T. I have a pint of DN and some Bloxygen. Hopefully I don't lose it suddenly.:mad: