CA Delta

My new quest

After watching this feeding frenzy video, I am determined to make a smaller 3-4 section swimbait. Yes, I will be trying to paint that off white with faded spots (key word try). :teef: Can't wait to get started... Any suggestions would be great? Love that video, gets me all worked up.

Tim

:yay: Edited by CA Delta

Tim,

Great video!

I saved it in my docs.

I've seen bass chase trout out of the water, but never actually seen them feeding.

Interesting how the trout escapes sometimes when taken tail first.

Also, interesting to see the subtle swimming motion of the trout at slow speeds. They actually do make an S shape, but not very pronounced. I had thought only the tail moved, but the video shows clearly the belly moves in the opposite direction from the tail, and the head is almost motionless.

I've had good success with a silver/white trout paint scheme. I still darken the back and shoulders, but not much, just a light blue/grey misting to contrast it to the sides and belly. Works great in low light and dirty water.

I'm going to paint up another 8" with that scheme, and I'll post it in the gallery when it's done.

I don't know how small you're planning to make your lure, but I found that, if I really squint, I can make a four piece that's 6", but the segments are so small it's tough for me to get the hardware and ballast into them.

Good luck.

That's a fun video-I've seen it before but always good information regarding bait design. Talk about being the only geek on a playground full of bullies. The video really brings out the desperation of the prey to save it's own life and the manner in which bass stalk their prey. One bass pulls along the trout as if to say, "don't worry, I won't let these fish eat you" and then engulfs it whole.

Speaking of engulfing it whole, that reminds me of a convesation I had with my wife many years ago but that's another story for another time.