Tierce12

Scale Pattern Material Help

I have looked everywhere for the right size scale net for painting scales and just can't find the perfect size! I bought both sizes that Jann's Netcraft has and the small size was too small and the big size was too big! I bought a roll of toule (wedding veil material) off the internet and it was way too small. I went to a fabric store and got what I thought was the right size but turns out it was the same size as the bigger net I got from Janns. Please give me a link of where I can buy the right size, PLEASE!!!

Thanks!

I have tried he same stuff as you, but the only thing that I have found that works for me is the netting on one of those cheap minnow nets that you buy at the bait store. There are different kinds of netting on some of them, but I look for the softer ones because the stiff stuff like Jans' sells has scratched my paint before when trying to use it.

best thing to do is to just go around a looking for possible netting options, i like to go into victoria secrets not for the ladies but they have some very interesting scaling possibilities lol. Then if your netting is to stiff just throw in the wash a few times and it will really flexible and soft.

I'm At work right now But I had the same problem you are having. I looked everywhere, finally found a small pc at wallmart in there fabric department, it has octogon shape and is soft. I bought all they had for $4.00. I then ordered a bat " I think that is the right word, I feel strange for even knowing this, see what this hobby will do for you. It took about a week and I dont think it cost me $20.00 and it is enough to last me a lifetime

I,m sure this is what you are looking for.See the scale on this,

Tims Trout Lure

If you need the part # of the material let me know and I'll see if it is still on the material

Tim :)

best thing to do is to just go around a looking for possible netting options, i like to go into victoria secrets not for the ladies but they have some very interesting scaling possibilities lol. Then if your netting is to stiff just throw in the wash a few times and it will really flexible and soft.

If your going to Victorias Secret just so you can get stiff netting :tipsy::lol::lol::lol:

then you need to quit fishing!