BrownPigs

Best fin material?

I take the paint brush ( looking at the thin end) & slide a piece of sand paper between a thin layer of bristles. Once I get a thin even layer, fan out the brisles with your finger & pinch them to the sand paper. Bend the bristles back & insert the blue tape about 2/3 down. Press the brisles firmly down on the tape. You should be able to take the sand paper out & then align another strip of tape, leaving 1/3 revealed. Now cut the paint bristles off & epoxy about 1/8" at the end. I like to use Devcon 30 minute epoxy for this. Hope this helps & good luck.

I learned this technique right here on the one & only TU.

Yes, the fibets are kind of expensive.

Tim

Forgot to mention attaching the fin. I use a 1/8" wide stone sander on the dremel & carve out a 1/8" deep slot. Then take your 30 min. D2T & lay a thin layer into the slot. Now set your tail into place. If your tail is nice & snug, you shouldn't have to worry about it leaning, during the drying period. You may need to fill in some voided areas with epoxy, after it sets up.

Tim

Edited by CA Delta