• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CA Delta

CA Delta

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

I was finally finished with two new baits & then installed the paint brush tail fins. I did a final swim test only to find out the tail killed all the swimming motion entierly. So I borrowed The Rookies tail design & presto. The Rookie tail actually enhanced the swim action overall, like I added a whole new section. It's funny though I have a trout swimbait that I put the paintbrush tail on & it actually helped the action by toning it down, giving it a more life like swim action. Here is some before & after photos & a link to some swim tests. Maybe you won't make the same mistake I did.:eek: I get kind of excited when I fail on something now a days. It only means I have to try something new...:teef:

Click on the bluegill swimbait or the large shad/hitch swimbait to see their final tub tests...

Attached Files

Edited by CA Delta, 29 April 2009 - 07:08 PM.

#2 RiverMan

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

My experiments have shown the same thing. If the last piece of the lure is too long and rigid it kills all the action.

#3 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

I've found making sure the tail section is really loose has been the key for a good swimming action for me.
In a four piece lure, holding the head pointing down, the second and third sections bend to 90 degrees or a little more, and then the tail is loose enough to droop back down to form a U.
I realize that this might not be possible with your hinge system, but, for me, a "loose booty" is the key. :twisted:

#4 diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

@ CA Delta

Really interesting .......thanks for sharing:)!

greetz:yay: , Dieter