CA Delta

"You've got to be kidding me"

I was finally finished with two new baits & then installed the paint brush tail fins. I did a final swim test only to find out the tail killed all the swimming motion entierly. So I borrowed The Rookies tail design & presto. The Rookie tail actually enhanced the swim action overall, like I added a whole new section. It's funny though I have a trout swimbait that I put the paintbrush tail on & it actually helped the action by toning it down, giving it a more life like swim action. Here is some before & after photos & a link to some swim tests. Maybe you won't make the same mistake I did.:eek: I get kind of excited when I fail on something now a days. It only means I have to try something new...:teef:

http://www.youtube.com/4swimbait

Click on the bluegill swimbait or the large shad/hitch swimbait to see their final tub tests...

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

DSC09529 (Small).JPG

DSC09573 (Small).JPG

DSC09574 (Small).JPG

4460_thumb.attach

4461_thumb.attach

4462_thumb.attach

Edited by CA Delta

I've found making sure the tail section is really loose has been the key for a good swimming action for me.

In a four piece lure, holding the head pointing down, the second and third sections bend to 90 degrees or a little more, and then the tail is loose enough to droop back down to form a U.

I realize that this might not be possible with your hinge system, but, for me, a "loose booty" is the key. :twisted: