Nebenfish

Airbrushing baits

2 posts in this topic

I was planning onusing my tax return to buy and airbrush so that i can start making hard baits. My question is what do I need to get started ( beside an airbrush, crompressor, paints, etc.) I guess my question is what are some things that a newbie wouldnt think of at first. thanks for you help

I was planning onusing my tax return to buy and airbrush so that i can start making hard baits. My question is what do I need to get started ( beside an airbrush, crompressor, paints, etc.) I guess my question is what are some things that a newbie wouldnt think of at first. thanks for you help

First and foremost make sure you have a well ventilated area for your painting and clearcoating. things i would be looking for now are materials for scaling. may as well pick up a can of denatured alcohol, 220 grit or finer sandpaper and xacto knives. i use the handle from the knife to hold my lure while painting. i drilled 10 holes in a 30 inch 2x8 that i can place the handles in. when im basecoating my lures, ill spray one, shoot it with a lil heat and put the knife handle in one of the holes. pick up the next lure and repeat. saves a lil time.

Edited by skeeter334