jrhopkins

some new lure videos

I'm sitting here with my mouth grinning from ear to ear, just shaking my head in amazement. I know I always have real nice things to say about John, but the guy is truly a craftsman/artist. We all work real hard on making baits here on TU, sharing our info & learning as we go. Then there is JR Hopkins. I bet he wakes up in the morning & says to himself, hey, I think I'll go try the impossible today. Keep up the hard work John. :yay:

Tim

Soooo real, especially the 2nd. Amazing, thanks JR.

I like the tank setup too, especially the line through the tubing. Makes for short, clean and precise videos.

Dave

got to replace the liner. i hooked the liner and tore a hole in it so the video was shot with me standing in a mudhole.. thinking to make another tank, longer but not as wide or deep and maybe put sand in the bottom to avoid the same incident.:o.

That settles it!

I nominate JR Hopkins for King!!!!!

And as is typical with his genius, the "periscope" line tie, to get the line to pull lower without making a hole in the test tank, is brilliant.

:worship::worship::worship:

I was just sitting here trying to figure out how he got the lures down through it....:?:wink:

Edited by mark poulson

Mr. Hopkins,

Very nice work as always. I really like the action on that second lure, but was very interested, in regards to the hook location on the second, since it seems to be a sinker and like to hold tight to the bottom. Are the hooks on the top, or on the bottom, hence the tank tear?

Very realistic swimming action.

Mr. Hopkins,

Very nice work as always. I really like the action on that second lure, but was very interested, in regards to the hook location on the second, since it seems to be a sinker and like to hold tight to the bottom. Are the hooks on the top, or on the bottom, hence the tank tear?

Very realistic swimming action.

i actually tore the hole in the lining with a different lure on the first test of the line retrieve tube. i took the hooks off the Blackfish to do the video. it swims the same with or without the hooks.

the flounder always lands flat because all of the ballast is in the bottom of the lure making it bottom heavy. spent a lot of time expiermenting with that! the weight to mass ratio was critical to get it to sink top side up and still swim. the two hooks on top are fixed in position snd anchored through that segment.

i would like to thank everyone for all the compliments. also for all the information that i have gotten from the site that has helped me to make my lures. i hope that i have contributed information that will help others. someday, when i am in the ground, i hope someone will still be catching fish with one of my lures;).

thanks again, john