steelheadstalkers

Jerkbait for Brown trout (Kokanee)?

I am going to be painting up a few different jerkbaits for brown trout fishing and would love some ideas on a Kokanee color pattern. Here is a picture of one I found online. They have a green back that fades into a light blue or teal. The sides or silver and the belly is white.The sides or silver and the belly is white. I was thinking it would be cool to have the blue on the top sides be a transparent, pearl or iridescent over the silver because the real fish goes from silver to that blue when certain light hits it. The sides are always silver. I will be using auto air and wicked colors so give me some of your creative ideas that I can put together along with my own. Thanks for the help. :yay:

Chad

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

kokanee.jpg

4489_thumb.attach

Edited by steelheadstalkers

Chad,

That fish print would be perfect for a foil and photo finish lure. Take a look at the technique and see if it would work on your lure body.

Here is an example of a photo finish bait that Dramone did.

file.php?n=2267&w=l

Check out some of the longer threads on Photo Finish in the search area.

Now for the painting. Prime the bait with the baits belly color (not bright white, more of a belly white). Then paint all but the belly with the silver you have. Paint a medium blue back and fade the shoulders into a transparent blue. Use a scale stencil on the shoulders if you like it. Then spray the center of the back with a transparent yellow or chartreuse. This will give the faint green back that fades into the blue shoulders and down into the silver sides. Use just a little yellow or chartreuse till you get the faint green back that you are looking for.

Chad,

That fish print would be perfect for a foil and photo finish lure. Take a look at the technique and see if it would work on your lure body.

Here is an example of a photo finish bait that Dramone did.

file.php?n=2267&w=l

Check out some of the longer threads on Photo Finish in the search area.

Now for the painting. Prime the bait with the baits belly color (not bright white, more of a belly white). Then paint all but the belly with the silver you have. Paint a medium blue back and fade the shoulders into a transparent blue. Use a scale stencil on the shoulders if you like it. Then spray the center of the back with a transparent yellow or chartreuse. This will give the faint green back that fades into the blue shoulders and down into the silver sides. Use just a little yellow or chartreuse till you get the faint green back that you are looking for.

Palmetto

Love the picture. Top shot :yay: