steelheadstalkers

Trying to replicate color?

6 posts in this topic

I have a transparent lucky craft pointer and I am trying to replicate the effect or color that is on the belly of the lure. I believe it is an transparent iridescent blue or it could be a pear I'm not sure. I have added a picture to the bottom so you guys can see it. What I am trying to do is have a silver base and have the blue show up at certain angles or visibly be able to see the blue over the silver. What colors of auto air would replicate this effect? Thanks for all of the help.

Chad

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

4490_thumb.attach

What colors of auto air would replicate this effect? Thanks for all of the help.

Chad

Chad,

Not sure about the auto air but the Parma Faskolor Faschange Blue will give you the same effect.... Just a thin "swipe" over the clear or over the silver will do it for you.

Good Luck,

BJ

To get that ghost finish, I scrape the lure down to bare clear, wipe it with acetone to remove the last of the original paint, then hit it with several coats of Wasco irridescent violet. It's almost transparent, and shifts colors, too, when the lure turns, from clear to violet. Then I coat with #99 NYC nail polish, $.99 at Savon, or whatever it's called now, to add some blue/green glitter. Last is a clear coat of epoxy.

The epoxy is optional, since the nail polish dries really tough.

On my ghost pointers I just hit it with a light coat of white and then wasco irridescent blue. I suppose you could mix the 2 together, but the irridescent needs a little base color to stick.

I just spray silver then go over it with a mixture of clear and pearl blue until i get the effect i want then topcoat .