Pike catcher

Jerk baits

11 posts in this topic

Pike catcher    10

Hello people im trying to make my own jerk baits from wood but i need help.

1.what do you seal the wood with

2.where do you put the weights and what do you seal the holes with

3.what do you prime the wood with

4. what is the best paint to use

diemai    228

@ Pike catcher

I wonder , why you've put up almost the very same questions in a second thread , even in the same "hardbait section" :?:huh: ?

greetz , diemai:yay:

Edited by diemai

philB    10

Pike catcher

Your first post. We shall forgive you.

All the questions you have posted up are covered within existing postings to great length. Just use the search facility and all will be revealed :yay:.

I use Beech, seal with propionate, position the ballast to suit the lure and paint with cellulose or 2k auto colours then finish with Etex lite epoxy.

Good luck

philB

Dima    10

Hello guys. I have a question for you ... where can I order the screw eyes to jerkbaits. & I live in Russia, and we do not have these in the stores ... have to do search on the Internet. Where can I order them? Thanks.

rofish    2

Dima,

I live in Romania, same situation here, there are no screw eyes available in shops. But I would strongly recommend that you use stainless steel wire for the eylets, as most lure builders do. Even those who make big jerk baits (15 cm or longer) use SS wire rather than screw eyes.

Now the SS wire could also be a problem. Here it is not impossible, but rather difficult to find such wire. So with the help of my friends I could get some wire from the US, Italy and Spain :)

I use 0.8 mm wire for my crankbaits and jerkbaits, which are mostly between 5 and 8 cm long. Some others use thicker wire, usually for bigger lures. Some friends here use even 0.5 mm wire for mini crankbaits.

Dima    10

hi.No After we have here with the guys and decided to just screw всетаки book eyes.Eto and affects the commercial component of the product, and that simplifies the process of production bayts.Budu grateful if someone would link to the place where I can buy them.