Pike catcher

Jerk baits

Pike catcher

Your first post. We shall forgive you.

All the questions you have posted up are covered within existing postings to great length. Just use the search facility and all will be revealed :yay:.

I use Beech, seal with propionate, position the ballast to suit the lure and paint with cellulose or 2k auto colours then finish with Etex lite epoxy.

Good luck

philB

Dima,

I live in Romania, same situation here, there are no screw eyes available in shops. But I would strongly recommend that you use stainless steel wire for the eylets, as most lure builders do. Even those who make big jerk baits (15 cm or longer) use SS wire rather than screw eyes.

Now the SS wire could also be a problem. Here it is not impossible, but rather difficult to find such wire. So with the help of my friends I could get some wire from the US, Italy and Spain :)

I use 0.8 mm wire for my crankbaits and jerkbaits, which are mostly between 5 and 8 cm long. Some others use thicker wire, usually for bigger lures. Some friends here use even 0.5 mm wire for mini crankbaits.

hi.No After we have here with the guys and decided to just screw всетаки book eyes.Eto and affects the commercial component of the product, and that simplifies the process of production bayts.Budu grateful if someone would link to the place where I can buy them.