atrophius

help fixing swimbait....

I have made an 10" eel swimbait as a toy for my daughter's brother. I have it clearcoated, painted etc. I was going to use some decent sized nylon string to connect the segments, but when I did, the 5min. epoxy I used got all over the string and I had to rip some back out. So now I am left with my segments with 2 holes on each side that I had to overdrill to get the extra epoxy out of where the string is.

So how do I go about connecting this swimbait? the holes are to big for eye screws now, and the string I was going to use. So how do I use something to fill the void and connect these?

I was thinking of moving from string to a thicker round shoe string with epoxy, but not sure.

Okay thanks for the reply. I read this a little to late though. I ended up using a round thicker shoelace. I placed the segments one by one over the lace by applying epoxy to the lace before sliding the segment up. It is just a toy for the pool so who knows how long he will even use it. Thanks for the info though, good advice for future though. I will post a pic of it on this thread today.

Thanks for the comments. He loves the thing. I showed up to pick him up from school and take him fishing, and out of school he comes with a big blue eel in his hand lol. He carried it around the day after. Made all the work worth it. Once the pool gets opened here we can give it a run.