Tierce12

Zona's Flat Crankbait

6 posts in this topic

Anyone catch "World's Greatest Fishing Show" a couple of weeks ago? It was the last show of the season and he was using some kind of flat sided balsa crankbait. I was wondering if anyone knew what brand that crankbait was? Strike King makes the closest looking one I found, but it still isn't exact.

I remember the show but I didn't get a good look at the crankbait itself...... You wouldn't happen to have a picture uploaded somewhere............:?

When I saw it on TV I thought it was a Strike King just like the one I have. He probably got it from his good friend, KVD.

It is made by K. Stooks. It is a Mimic Crankbait (AKA Strike King Flat Shad). They can be purchased right now on that popular auction site for $5 each, no hooks (s/h $5 for the whole order). These are cut on a copy machine.

Cool thing that he did just recently is offer then in pearl white base coat so you can paint them the way you want.

It looked like Zona was throwing the SK Sexy Shad color. There are none of those listed right now but he might be willing so sell you some. Quality is good for a $5 lure.

Edited by Palmetto Balsa