Flyman

Newbie on board!!!

Hi, I'm from NorCal and do a lot of stream, river, delta, and some lake fishing. I typical try to flyfish but have learned that using multiple techniques is better, whether it's: flyfishing, soaking bait, throwing lures, etc. I consider myself extremely versitale and experience fisherman. I like using swimbaits to locate stripers then switch over to the flyrod. I figure the typical 5-7 inch soft plastic swimbait I use costs me $2-$5, plus the jighead, and generally, I lose couple swimbaits week to the river or a striper destorys the bait.

So, I have recently bought some lure molds and plastisol from LureCraft. For a little over hundred bones, I should have enuff plastisol to last me about year-n-half. I started out simple and just poured white swimbaits. I have progress and can occasionally pour really cool looking duel colored bait with transparent lateral line or bleeding gills. Also, I pour 4" finesse worms that has been a killer for steelies. I have trouble with some of the colors not mixing in the bottle and color bleeding(I don't know what you call it, but the top layer goes in the bottom), but I'll ask about that in another forum.

One of the things I learned is I have to shut up listen to other peoples thoughts and experiences; it seems kind of obvious, but I like burning my own trail!:) (I get in over my head sometimes) With that in mind, I going to ask a lot questions about pouring lures and try learn new stuff if people are willing to share or point me in the right direction.

Adam

Welcome to TU flyman.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trailblazing, right out of the gate. You will learn more and quicker that way. True, sometimes you will be way over your head, but you will surface in the end. Just hold your breath and keep thrashing around, someone will throw you a line.

Dave