Pike catcher

New airbrush

I don't know what brand airbrushes are available in your area, but as Spidergrub said, if you'll stay with most of the major brands of airbrushes you can't go wrong.....go with double action in whatever you get to get the most control from the brush.

As for painting the details, it seems most here use stencils and various fabrics to achieve the patterns on their hard baits......A fine tipped airbrush would allow you to freehand small details, but you'll need plenty of hands on experience with your airbrush before you'll be able to develop the control needed.

I'll be glad to help, with whatever brand airbrush you end up with.....just remember you get what you pay for so don't go with cheap off the wall brands if you don't have too.

Be careful about those airbrush kits with compressor included for a low price.....99.9% of the time those little diaphram compressor units that come in the kit are NOT worth the money and burn up rather quickly if used regularly......someone painting the occasional lure won't wear it out as quick, but they are usually limited on pressure and alot of water based paints require more air pressure than they can supply.....also most of them don't have a storage tank so they run constantly....they are fairly quite, but they are are running all the time so they have heat issues and usually burn up the motor eventually.

To make a long speech short.....forget the compressor kit and get an airbrush kit that has the airbrush, hose and bottles....Badger is a fine American made brand....But purchase your compressor seperately.....something with a storage tank to hold air and allow the unit to shut off periodically.....these will usually be alot louder, but a much better and longer lasting unit.....Hope this helps.

You dont need a drying wheel for just 1 bait. I have done it just putting the lure on a dowel and turning it for a while. after a bit it should firm up enough that it can just be hung to cure the rest of the way. I would recommend looking in craigslist for a rotisserie unit if ya want to try a wheel. I got one for 10$ there, it uses someone else's junk, and it wont sit in a landfill!