u63405

Dee Bait

Hey Coley, since these are general measurements I gave you from the computer, and I think I kind of made it somewhat easy... lol I would guess by my eye that the lip is a little larger when compared to the picture of the completed lure. Maybe a 10% smaller would get it right on... ????? I dunno? I guess what we REALLY need from Blackjack is the COMPLETE Schematic! Black Jack you can email me at cdslms@aol.com I would appreciate it. But even following this plan, you will need to play with it and work on it. It sure makes it a heck of a lot easier and gets you started with a good setup! IMHO! I took the info we had from this post.. which again is awesome and tried to get you in the ball park. At least it works for me, I think I might get an at bat with this without striking out!! You got to use your creative bones to make the bait your way.. or figure the rest out. Thats why this is truly art and a craft. Thanks for listening to my sermon! AMEN! :D Cody

Guys the original plans were done in Microsoft Photodraw(part of the Microsoft Office 2000 software pack). It is a vector based program that is incompatable with almost every other drawing program. If you have this program I can email you the original schematics(the originals are balls on accurate) otherwise I have to send it as a jpeg file (hence the resizing issue)

Hey Coley, heres what I did. I copied the lip design to MS Paint, I stretched and skewed it 60% Like we originally said. Then shrunk it another 75%... still too large. One more shrinking to 75% and its real cose to the measurements Black Jack gave us. HOWS THAT FOR YA??? I dont know how large the lure is... but I kind of like the size I got it... but I will probably carve it down to size fer sure! Cant wait to carve tommorrow! Cody

OK guys. I used the stretch & skew in MS paint.

I took 32% of the bait pattern and got a pattern

for a bait just over 2 5/8"

I took 22% of the lip pattern and got a lip almost the

size blackjack quoted. I did this by measuring the

pattern after I loaded it into paint and using a calculator

found what % I needed before changing it.

Coley

Looks like I may be making a trip to the garbage can. I understand how the holes are drilled, but not sure of the purpose. I use screw eyes, so thrugh wire is new to me. After the holes are drilled, do you use two peices of wire? One for front and rear as well as a second drop wire for the belly hook? Is the hole for the belly hook larger than the others to accomodate a twisted wire loop? I really would like to keep my tools! Thanks, Joe

Well guys, as promised, I am posting a pic of my dbait replica. I opted to go with a metal lip, screw eyes and weigh it at a 1/4oz. I chose to use a metal lip to give it more vibration (to really work that rattle) and to increase the lure's profile.

Comments/suggestions are always welcomed!

I want to give a special thanks to BlackJack for providing all the info to create this great lure. Also, thanks to Skeeter, Lurehead, and Bassnator and everyone at TU for the wealth of information and the sharing of ideas!!! :D

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

fe03_002.jpg

389_thumb.attach