johnny P

hinge ideas please

Swimbait hinges have been a very busy subject over the last year or so, with lots of new and innovative ideas. As I see it at the moment, here are the alternatives:

1. Eye to eye - you have already tried this one and realize the down side, ie, the gap. It is generally constructed from an open eye and a closed eye. It can also be manufactured from twisted wire, this would reduce the gap slightly, but also make fitting more tedious. Not suitable for small baits, due to the screw eye intrusion into the segments, making hardware fitting very awkward.

2. Eye to pin

Dave -that's what I wanted to say, but the thought of typing all that was a bit daunting:eek:

Also the 'Velcro webbing is O.K, would be better on a larger lure and have been looking at Dyneema rope (used on winches/yachts/climbing), this stuff is strong too, same strength as steel cable at a fraction of the weight see - OKoffroad - 4x4 Recovery Gear - News 'N Views - 4x4 Accessories -Click top right "winch rope info" the go to the bottom of page and click "click here for technical info"

I would like a few strands or this stuff to try out - might have to cut some from the new winch rope!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Looks like it is similar stuff to braided line, they make bullet proof vests out of it, but I don't think it is 'Kevlar'.pete