mjmmusser

Paint schedules

Good find Musser - maybe it's the different light here, it's Interesting that the Brook Trout looks like a brown here, the Brown looks like a sunburnt Rainbow!! Maybe it my colour settings on the monitor?? Good tool anyway, we can always add our own variations. Thanks for posting.pete

I think that the Arctic Char looks like a good candidate for some of my baits. This would give some of the fisherman their black baits and I could dress it up a little. It also looks like a mean fish. I guess if you had to live in the Arctic, it would probably not make you very happy.

Joe

Mmusser- sorry if I sounded critical it was not intended, I was probably thinking out aloud that basically the same fish species are completely different colours on our two continents, and also probably Europe, yet they come from the same stock - I suppose when you think about it, a lot of fish change in five minutes in a bucket, so a few hundred years in a certain coloured river bed is going to alter something. I have also noticed what you call Blue Fish there (we call Taylor) is also quite a different colour. Thanks again . I like that new avatar.pete

No problems! You thilnk ot loud quite a bit I noticed. I was just pointing out that the species have the coloratoin like a Midwest US fish. River browns here are a beautiful fish and can get very colorful like the brook trout.

There was a discussion on another forum I belong to about the different coloration of the same species. Some believe it may be habitat but many believe it is a recessive gene showing up in the fish again. There were pictures in the discussion of two different lake run rainbows(steelhead), one had spots only on the back and just below the lateral line and the other had spots covering the whole side of the fish all the way on to the belly. Same species, just different coloration is what was confirmed by a Natural Resources officer on the board.

As for the Avatar, I am going to love to watch him cry tonight. He is a marked kid now.

Edited by mjmmusser