Sign in to follow this  
Markell

Have any of you heard of this?

4 posts in this topic

I ran across this post on one of the BBC message boards the other night. I am not trying to be funny I just want to know how credible this idea is. The claim is that you can put a crankbait in boiling water for about 2 1/2 min. which will bloat the crank bait. Apparently this gives it a different action and in some cases can cause it to hunt? I am not saying I buy into it but I wanted to know what the crank experts have to say about it. Following is the link to the post:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/fbbcboardfrm36.showMessage?topicID=56.topic

Thanks!

Markell,

This does workas I have seen the results in the livewell!! I moderate that particular board on the BBC and have quite a few Bandits and wigglewarts that I have boiled to change the shape. It is a trial and error type thing though depends upon the thickness of the baits

Blackjack, I love the BBC boards. I have learned a great deal there. Couple of questions... Would you say the badits are the best to experiment with? Would there be any way that you could post a picture of one that has been boiled? I want to try this but I have a hard time throwing a perfectly good crank in a pot of boiling water :lol: