bbduc

Muskie Bait Box

8 posts in this topic

Thought I post an image of a relatively cheap but effective way to store baits. I had a gift certificate from a local hardware store burning a hole in my pocket and decided to add another bait box to bring in the boat.

It's basically a semi-soft-sided tool box with 2.5" rain gutter sleeves. Pretty simple. I have 45 baits in this box and the pockets on the outside are handy for tools. Works great for me.

This idea is nothing new but thought it would be nice to see what others have come up with.

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

Box.1.jpg

4540_thumb.attach

1 person likes this

Great idea. Tangles will be at a minimum. I user a lot of large crankbaits/spinners for stripers. This would work for me too.

Thanks

Gary

GOOD IDEAS are always appreciated!! :yeah:

I did something very similar but I used ROUND pipes, glues with epoxy. I can put smaller lures like spoons in between. I also glued some foam to the bottom (with drain holes) so the whole thing will float ......just never know!!

FT

Where did you get the tool bag from I have been looking for one that the down spouts would fill out the bag but the ones I have measured would leave a gap on the ends I use one now with pvc but the difference in wieght between pvc and the down sputs is worth making new one.NICE JOB!!!!!:yay:

George

Where did you get the tool bag from I have been looking for one that the down spouts would fill out the bag but the ones I have measured would leave a gap on the ends I use one now with pvc but the difference in wieght between pvc and the down sputs is worth making new one.NICE JOB!!!!!:yay:

George

George,

I picked up the box at Menards, a local hardware store. I think the cost was about $20 bucks.

The gutter I used is that square plastic stuff. I had some just sitting in my garage. You're dead-on about the weight. Originally I was going to use pvc but the weight was an issue. You also gain space with the square gutter. I'm going to put another one together soon.

A great idea for those bigger lures. I, too, fish for Stripers...

I live in New England and we don't have Menard's here.

Home Depot, however, has a couple of alternatives:

10 inch Tool Tote: http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage-Bags-Cases-Bucket-Storage/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc2g6/R-202018009/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

17 inch Tool Tote: http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage-Bags-Cases-Bucket-Storage/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc2g6/R-202018012/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Thanks for sharing a great idea!

Rick