bluefin1

Looking for how to make a iron jig from a hard plastic

2 posts in this topic

hello I was trying to get ready to make a iron jig I haven't started yet. Im trying to get ideas on how to go about this I would like to due some made from metal and some from a hard plastic so they can be used as a surfae iron and yoyo, but what due you use to make a mold what type of metal besides lead. What type of plastic. or are there molds you can buy like swimbaits.

My back ground in this is not much. I started building rods a year ago the about three monts into it I started lure making but only done swimbaits, I bought the molds and made some wahoo bombs and some knife lures. I dont have a melting pot for lead but looking to get one once I figure out how to make the iron jigs. i have some old ones to make a replica but looking to try some ideas i have. im not planing to sell there just for me and friends. I know its really not cost effective but I like to past the time when im not working.

hello I was trying to get ready to make a iron jig I haven't started yet. Im trying to get ideas on how to go about this I would like to due some made from metal and some from a hard plastic so they can be used as a surfae iron and yoyo, but what due you use to make a mold what type of metal besides lead. What type of plastic. or are there molds you can buy like swimbaits.

My back ground in this is not much. I started building rods a year ago the about three monts into it I started lure making but only done swimbaits, I bought the molds and made some wahoo bombs and some knife lures. I dont have a melting pot for lead but looking to get one once I figure out how to make the iron jigs. i have some old ones to make a replica but looking to try some ideas i have. im not planing to sell there just for me and friends. I know its really not cost effective but I like to past the time when im not working.

get a melting pot and try lead also aluminum i aquired some alums and there awsome for albies even caught a muskie on one :teef: