RickJames

Airbrush-what do you think?

Hey guys-

Been thinking of adding another airbrush to my collection. I have an Iwata CR at the moment. Im thinking of getting an airbrush that can hold more paint that wont get wasted if I dont use it all. (like the ones the createx bottles plug right into). I have to keep filling up the my airbrush when Im painting multiple baits at one time. Ive been painting around 20 musky lures all at once. Does anyone have a favorite that they use? Thanks for any suggestions!:yay:

ps. Still havent figured out the dang ETEX problem Im having neither...Not sure what Im going to do about that yet.

Edited by RickJames

If your lookin for a good siphon feed brush, you might concider the Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS....i've used these for several years on everything from tee shirts to automotive and they've proven to be a tough little brushes.

I'd also recommend a Peak X-5....i've used one of these for several years now, and i've been real impressed with it.....its pretty equal to the Eclipse even though it cost a few bucks less. Peak also makes the X-3 model for even less money, but its not near as good a quality as the X-5.....the X-3 feels real cheap when you use it.....I'd stay away from it unless your just looking for something really inexpensive...even then i'd say just wait till you can afford the X-5.

I guess I should at least give a nod to the Paasche VL.....they've been the workhorse of the airbrush industry for many years so you can't exactly talk about siphon feed airbrushes without concidering one of them also.

Edited by 68KingFisher

I use a Badger siphon brush for my undercoating. It has a .5 needle, so it doesn't clog easily, and I can mix up enough Wicked White to coat a few lures before I have to refill the bottle.

It's not expensive.

Just be sure you retract the needle when you backflush, or you'll stick yourself. :wink:

For my finished paint schemes, I use an Iwata HP-C, or an Air Pro PS900, which has a MAC (micro air control) valve which makes detailing much easier.

Edited by mark poulson

I use a Badger siphon brush for my undercoating. It has a .5 needle, so it doesn't clog easily, and I can mix up enough Wicked White to coat a few lures before I have to refill the bottle.

It's not expensive.

Just be sure you retract the needle when you backflush, or you'll stick yourself. :wink:

For my finished paint schemes, I use an Iwata HP-C, or an Air Pro PS900, which has a MAC (micro air control) valve which makes detailing much easier.

Great advice Mark, Thank you!

-Rick