Mart

trial hinge system

i built this while at work today i though i'd start with the wired hinge frame then buil my bait around it as i found a small sheet of what i think you guys class as pvc trimboard so i'm going to attempt the split down the middle then rejoin method, as i made a glide bait out of it tonight and it seems ok or will be with a few coats of etex on

DSC00179-2.jpg

its made from .060" stainless wire

Do you plan to install ballast to keep the bait upright? Not all baits require ballast, and the hooks do perform some ballast function, but most baits need ballast to keep them upright and stablilized while running.

When I saw the picture, I thought the same way as BobP did.

One way to avoid possible problems with the stability of the lure would be to lower the upper part of the wire, but still, you cannot be sure that the lure will be stable. This depends very much on the flotability of your PVC material.

Also, you may have some problems when pressing the 2 parts together, because the wire would need some deeper grooves into the material so as the 2 parts fit together. This depends on how tough the material is.

I think that the old way of making the wire frame for through wirering is better ( pieces of nails hammered into hard wood, around which you build the wire frame).

@ Mart

By the way your wire is bent I can figure out , that it must have been quite hard to bend it ,...... I guess , that a more "fine grade" wire form is essential .

Also you need space at the bottom(belly) to set in weights , so you must place the wire form higher(thus it has to be entirely smaller) .

good luck , diemai:yay: