bobG

Adding scent?

My baits are pouring well. But, I can't help but notice that they smell like plastic shower curtains from my college days.:? I'd like to add scent to them to cover this.

What's the SOP for adding scent to large plastic baits these days?

tia

So would it be safe to say that garlic and coffee scents work. Since the fish seem to be needing some types of acids out of the garlic or coffee. I think the acids in garlic helps kill worms and some paracites in the fishes blood and tummy. I could be wrong but the zoos use it to treat fish and get some non eaters to eat. I could be wrong on this not sure what acids they are think coffee has but I am sure their is something. Also I have heared of people mashing up fresh oranges for a sent to sounds weired never have tried it but I would assume its for the acids to help the fish cure its self. Since their isan't any walgreens at the bottom of the lakes not yet anyways but soon I am sure of it:lol:

The only way the fish can tell us anything is by what they do ... and sometimes we miss that because they will at times attack anything .... masking the odor of the original plastic is more for the fisherman than the fish .... my opinion and it may not be worth :twocents: ..... Over 60 year of chunking artificals you would think I would have some real solid conclusions about fishing and I do have one ... when you think you have them figured out they will turn around and contridict (SP) your conclusion ...

The oil of Anise has been used since the first days of the Plastic Worm ... and it is still hanging right in their ...

Good Thread

JSC

:yay: