Jeep

First HardBass underwater footage

It looks great. Swims really well.

One thing you might think about is, since your hooks look to be silvery, painting the belly hook flat white, and the tail hook white shank, black bends, like a bass' tail.

Mike Long, one of the true trophy bass fishermen from the SoCal area, who caught the world record bass "Dottie" when it was "only" 20+lbs, does that to all his hooks. A little extra camo, so they blend in with the lure instead of stand out.

I've seen it done on some commercial lures, and they mask the hook points first to keep them as sharp as possible. I just picked up some flat Rustoleum metal/wood primer to try it with.

I use black nichol hooks, so I'll probably only paint the belly hooks on my lures.

Also, have you considered a feathered treble for the tail hook? I think it would really enhance that great swimming action, and feathers pulse when you pause and jerk the lure.

Edited by mark poulson

I totally agree with Mark!

When I seen the video i was just thinking to myself, man that thing would look great with some feathers on the rear treble:).

Great action on that lure though, it has a very clean action to it that I bet the fish cant resist:yeah:

Goodluck, Jacob