wtfooptimax200

Alumisol

was that the show when he made a top water prop bait out of the 2 part casting resin with micro bubbles? if so yes i have that resin and use it. its $30 something bucks for a 2 qrt. kit with a pint of silicone. i couldnt believe it when he added the micro bubbles and coughed from the dust, its like fumed silica, nasty nasty nasty stuff to breath.

......... as for the video ...... I got it for Fathers Day .......... guys it's the best I've ever seen ........ instant classic ......... 2 hours of the stuff he touches on in the shows ....... also some new concepts I hadn't thought about ......... like using 2 different RTV types for certain 2 part molds and the acrylic jig section was really interesting to me .........

I too ordered the Dahlberg DVD. I'm a very visual person so watching was a great learning experience. Some of the video and audio was not that great but all and all just what I needed to get me over making hardbait molds and plugs.

Perhaps a Tackle Underground DVD to include the tutorials along with pics from the galleries would be well received. So many options that can be included.

I just found Alumisol as I was surfing the web tonight and the same thought crossed my mind - I wondered if anyone on this site has used it.

I did a quick search for Alumisol and this is the only thread I could find. I must have missed this one before...

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used it. And maybe comment on comparison to any other soft plastics. :unsure:

The Alumilite manufacturer website has a "Dealer" section with a nationwide list of businesses that distribute their products. I have a couple places within 50 miles of me that - if they carry it - could save me a bundle in shipping costs depending on their retail price... I'd call them, but I don't think they're open at 9:30 at night. :lol:

By the way, I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow! :yay:

Anyway - anyone used any Alumisol?

Thanks for any info/input.

Rick

SE CT Shoreline

Ive been using Alumisol on my swin bait tails after using MF. I had trouble filling the corners and bubbles with MF.The problem started when I thinned up my tails.This company is not really geared to the tackle industry so the lack of colors should not be a suprise. Larry is a good friend of the VP for the company which makes sense cause he only uses there products in his video and sells there products on his site. I use alot of there products so I just added it to my order and am glad I did. There customer service is second to none. Give them a try. Those are the only ones I have tried , I just started pouring more lately maybe in the future I will have more info.

As for the Larry video it is good and gives alot of info. Got me going.

Anybody notice how much that Alumisol smoked while heating up? sure looked like alot to me, I see no advantage to using it over any other brand including price! On a lighter note the color choices for the dye was kinda strange for fishing lureslaugh.gif

Mix 4 oz plastic with 1 drop African American, 2 drops Native American, and 1 drop Caucasian to make a perfect colored stick bait. :lol: