Thad

Out of my HOK white base coat. What can I go buy locally?

I just ran out of my HOK white base coat on a big order. It's my fault for not paying more attention but what would be my best choice for a white base coat until I get more of my HOK in?

I'm priming with Bulldog, base coating with what you suggest, painting with HOK paints, and then clearing with automotive clear.

The stores near me are Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, and Lowes. I probably could go to a local body shop but don't know what they would charge.

Thanks

Hi Thad,

I don't think you will find anything at Lowes ar Homies that won't lift under HoK.

Is there an auto parts store that mixes paint near you? Most will mix as little as a 1/2 pint for you. Or try a body shop and ask if they have some left-overs.

I would suggest PPG DBC. I know it's preferable to keep within the same manufacturer; but I regularly use both HoK and PPG together and have never had a problem. The HoK reducer will work fine with DBC.You could probably use PPG DBU also, but it requires a reactive reducer.While I don't care much for Dupont's system. I don't think you would have a problem with HoK over their Chromabase either.

I also use PPG white when i'm outta HoK....never had a problem with a bit of intermixing those two brands....only, your not gonna find PPG at any of the stores you mentioned....you'll have to hit an autopaint jobber....I get my PPG from our local CarQuest auto parts store....Call around and see what your local autoparts store carry.