DUCBOS

TRAD Bait

I wanted to paint a shad like, big jointed bait, but have not been able to find an unpainted one for sale. I cannot do the woodworking many of you guys do so well.

I found these unpainted 81/2" trout bodys here from the ads section and dresssed the trout like a shad. Calling it a TRAD.

The guy with the web site is real helpful and he has 2 different weight baits for sale at a pretty reasonable price, one slow sinker and one fast sinker. Give them a try if you're interested in big jointed swim baits. www.hotcustomlures.com

We don't have any trout down her in dixie, but I have seen plenty 8' to 10' shad in the mouths of big fish often. I hope to get on the lake and see if it will catch or scare these bass here on Logan Martin this week. Plan to swim them over deep structure and see what happens.

DUCBOS

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

TRAD.JPG

4583_thumb.attach

It swims very well but the hooks keep it from having a slight roll at faster speeds.

It has some heavy weights/rattles or knockers in it, too.

Mark - it comes with beige/brown rubber talis. The fins are hard plastic.

I had to experiment with the tails. I painted them, but the paint would not dry.

Dick Nites on the rubber will not dry or cure. So I painted them and then sprayed that superclear stuff that you can get where ever you get Createx paints and that worked well.

It comes with spare tails, because I expect them to get beat up and need to be replaced.

It has a hollow cut out in the tail and a hinge knob on the bait. I glued my first ones to the body, but I'm looking at driving a small wire throught the tail section and throught the little knob on the bait that is like a little hinge to see what it does to the action.

DUCBOS