KelpKritter

Paint Help

I have only been using opaque paints in my early stages of airbrushing and do not really need anything else to get the results I am looking for except in one case. I am working on a sardine pattern and the yellow stripe in the middle of the bait is very faint, almost transluscent, but an obvious yellow. My question is this, would a transparent light yellow from a company like Createx go on light enough to see the silver backround color on the bait, but still show the obvious yellow coloring desired in the stripe?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

DaveB.

KelpKritter

Yes that will work just go with lite coats to get that effect. Just to let you know transparent colors need a base color under them to reflect light (color). The candy colors are the same. You might want to practice on something else until you feel comfortable.

You can also use transparent pearls to. That is about all I use on my baits now, pearls and transparent. I really like the fades that I get with them and they make the lure look much better. But just like Frank said you might want to practice before doing such a thing.

To answer you question though I would say a transparent pearl would look better than a pearl IMO. You will get a yellow that is brighter but is still transparent. You can also just put some pearl in the yellow transparent to achieve this to. Thats my:twocents:

Goodluck, Jacob

The Createx trans. yellow will be perfect for what you want.

Depending on which type of brush you have, turn both the paint needle and the air pressure down, until you get the right size spray for the distance away from the lure you paint, and a light enough spray to be able to go over it as much as you need without overdoing it, so you can build your color.

Don't try to do it in one pass. The yellow is a strong color, and can quickly be too much, so take your time, and practice on a flat piece of material base coated the same as the lure.

Before I try a new detail, I spray my lures with Krylon pastel fixative to protect the base coat and and scale pattern , so I can quickly wash it off if it's not right.

Go light with the pressure and the paint, and it should be fine.