• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Basseducer

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

OK, OK theyíre volcanos, but that doesnít flow off the tongue as nice. I was out powder painting some pearl white jigs and I donít know if itís just my luck, but my pearl powder is extremely flyaway. I had a lot of them little buggers all around the edge, then (boing) it dawned on me.
  • I took one of the plug caps that we use to build the powder cups and cut off the outer flange with a pair of nippers.
  • Then I sanded the edge so that it easily slides in and out of the color cup.
  • I then cut out the center leaving about ľ inch around the edge.
  • I put the powder in the cup and slid the Tamer down to within 1/2 inch of the powder and turned on the air.
  • The volcanos erupted; hit the bottom of the flange and the powder was deflected back into the cup.
Sometimes the volcanos migrate toward the center, but a little shake sends them back to the edge. You can make the inner flange wider just leave yourself enough room to dip and swish. You can also let a greater volume of air in and not spray the room.

#2 cadman

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts
Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

Now that's a clever idea. I have the same problem, with little volcanoes around the perimeter. This will solve that problem....................Thanks TJ :yay::yay::yay: