• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KB Tackle

KB Tackle

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

O.K. Guys, which is better to paint crankbaits with. Iridescents or pearls? All answers appreciated. (If you don't mind please explain point of views)

#2 spoopa

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

You are gonna get a lot post on this question I bet lol. I think IMO that its best to use both of them together. Lately though I have been sticking with pearls though. Not because I think that they are better but just cause its easier to do pearls, alls I do is just add some pearl to my paint and I have a nice pearl. That is just my :twocents:
Goodluck, Jacob

#3 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

I don't know the technical difference between the two, but I use pearl white and pearl silver for base coating when I do scale patterns on trout baits, and I use irridescent for accents at the end.
To me, the irridescent paints seem to be a more solid color, while the pearls have an almost transparent quality. Of course, a lot of that has to do with how much I thin it to shoot it. ;)
But I thin most of my paints, even some transparents, so I think the two types of paint are really different. I just don't know why.