Red Shad

Mann's Classic Buzz bait.

Hi Guys,

Trying to source a supplier who carries the above buzz bait (also known as the Hank Parker Classic) which I have done really well with for Largemouth. I know their are trillions of buzz baits out their but I particularly like this one . The bait incorporates a clacker as well as a revolving blade. They did it in both 1/2 and 1/4 ounce models. Only have one left and would like to pick up a few more. It may be discontinued as Mann's don't feature it on their web site? Just hoping some of you guys may know of a store that still carries them? I make my own spinner baits however not buzz baits as I don;t have the bits at this time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Red Shad

Canada

Red Shad,

On many of the spinnerbait molds you can substitute a buzz bait wire and you can make buzz baits. If you are using a clacker blade it's best to use spinner bait wire anyway, that way you can bend the blade wire down after you install the clacker. Sounds like all you need are some buzz bait blades, clackers and some rivets. Just a thought.

Thank you. I don't have a spinner bait mould, jigs, yes, but not spinner baits. ....my needs don't justify that kind of expenditure. I buy the spinner bait bodies in the various weights and put them together as I need them. I guess I should pick up some buzz bait bodies and do the same. Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.:yay:

Not having a lot of luck on this.:? Anyone have a source for buzzbait bodies. Lots for spinner bait bodies but have struck out for buzzers. Buying a mould is an option, however I only make up tackle etc for my own use so it would be easier to pick up the bodies....I can buy a number of bodies (I hope) for the cost of two molds covering sizes 1/8 to 1/2 ounce. I have all of the other components required.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Red Shad, I can make you some buzz bait bodies or even sell you one of my used Do-It spinnerbait/buzzbait molds if it is one I can part with. I have several different head shapes to choose from. Drop me an email and I'll take care of you. eisenbacher at sbcglobal.net. I think I have a Mann's buzzbait stashed in my buzzbait pile that I can look at to match up to. Drop me a line, we'll get you hooked up.