dfp111354

Jitterbug Bodies

@ dfp11354

Guess , that it would be almost impossible finding blanks , that exactly meet your demands , .... apart from having them custom made by a wood turner .

But what you could try is to obtain blanks like these ones listed and cut/grind an approx. 45

Not sure if the new ones are wooden or plastic, but you can still by Jitterbugs, so why not just go buy some if you want the specific size. Otherwise, grab a large dowel rod and go to town and make a few, doubtful the fish will know if it is perfectly round and you should be able to get it close enough for the lip to fit. You might be surprised, and you might enjoy the process of making it versus buying it! :wink:

I would appreciate any direction that would help me obtain some wooden jitterbug bodies. I am wanting to put together some 3" Jitterbugs. The 3" Jitterbug actually has a body which is 2 5/8" long and 7/8" thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What about trying to pour one out of alumilite, and microballoons. They float just as good, and the newer jitterbugs by hedan luers were made of plastic. Just get an old lure the size you want and make a mold of rtv. amd pour one up...Captain Jerry

The is a huge night and day difference between the older balsa jitterbug bodies and the new plastic jitterbug bodies. With the old wood bodies you could use a pair of needle nose pliers and cup the outer edges of the lips and the bait would have a much deeper pronounced sound in comparison to the uncupped lip. You can tweak and cup the lips on the new plastic bodied baits all you want and not have nowhere near the results that you can get with the balsa bodied baits.

I would get various size of the new plastic bodied baits and split them down the middle in order to get accurate measurments for the lip angles then i would cut some out of wood.

Edited by WidowMaker