bobv

Does Bloxygen work?

How is the Bloxygen working for you Dick Nite guys? I use DN to dip my topwaters in but etex for my cranks as I don't want to expose my DN to long. The crankbait guys are busting the epoxy off their baits too fast with etex so I'm planning on going to DN for durability.

Bloxygen helps a lot. It isn't "proof" against all moisture contamination but I've stored and used DN in a dipping jar for as long as 8 months without problems. As the DN level in the dipping jar gets lower and more air is stored in the jar, Bloxygen prevents it from contacting the surface of the DN. Just a short squirt of gas is sufficient to do the job. My only gripe is that it's sort of expensive.

Has anyone tried inert welding gas instead of Bloxygen? I have a tank full of CO2 and Argon gas for my MIG welder. I haven't refilled it in about 6 years or so, but at that time, it wasn't very expensive, 30 bucks or so, i think. Anyhow, if i ever get the chance to try it myself, i'll report back, but that won't happen anytime soon, i just moved, stuff is packed, etc...

Just curious.

Alex

My gas guy mentioned one time that he had a gas that would work like that. I forget which one though but it was one that is common to them . I believe it is a gas that is heavier than air so it displaces the air from the product you are trying to protect. Not that buying a tank and refill is any cheaper but if you have one it might be.