Army Doc

Airbrush problem

OK, I've tried to figure out this one on my own, but I can't think of anything else. My airbrush is not working well. It won't flow paint unless I am really hard on the trigger, and when I let forward and off the paint flow, there are bubbles and spitting coming up from the cup. I took the gun apart and completely cleaned it out, followed the schematics and put it back together exactly like it's supposed to, but it still does it. Anyone know why? The gun is a Master G33... (I have a Pro Air Tools gun on the way!!! I'm excited!) Thanks gents

Chris

Chances are its still clogged.....thats about the only time you'll get bubbles back thru a gravity feed cup, unless your somehow getting some air past some threads into the cup....some beeswax used as thread sealer works great if thats suspect.

That model airbrush claims to have a self centering drop in tip....i'm betting thats simular to some other tips where they are kinda shaped like an icecream cone an just set into the head assembly.....the tip gets a build up of dried paint inside of it....try and remove the tip and use a pipe cleaner to clean inside it....run a pipe cleaner thru everything it'll fit thru....rinse that out good cause pipe cleaners can leave some fuzzy debri behind occasionally....reassemble and try again....you've just missed something.

I am getting paint through the gun (actually acetone cuz I was giving it a good cleaning) The problem is that I have to push really hard on the trigger, and when I let off the trigger, it's spitting air back thru the cup, but only when I let off the trigger. I cleaned the crap out of everything in the gun, and it's pretty much spotless inside (I checked with a flashlight) I dunno what else I can do.

The problem is that I have to push really hard on the trigger, and when I let off the trigger, it's spitting air back thru the cup.

This bothers me....if your having to push that hard on the trigger it makes me think somethings not assembled correct or something......is it possible your trigger assembly is hitting your needle or something?....Try removing everything except the trigger and see how hard it pushes down.....is it still hard or is it easy to push?....if its still difficult to push i'd be looking at he air assembly below the trigger as being gummed up or something.....its that assembly between where the hose screws on and the trigger assembly above it....i've seen them get gummy and not work smoothly.....I usually take some light weight oil like air tool oil or sewing machine oil, and put a drop into the bottom of that valve then and try working it into the valve assembly....iv'e also run lacquer thinner thru them first then oil....if you'll work at it you'll get that valve loosened up and it'll work smooth again without having to dissassemble it...which I don't recommend.

Let me know if any of that helped or not?

If there are bubbles coming out of the cup it is one of three things, either the tip is clogged, the needle isn't far enough forward, or the front cap isn't tight enough. Take off the nose cone and hold it up to the light and look through it.....is it clogged? If so clean it very carefully with a toothpick and don't try to jam anything through the tiny hole except for the needle. When you put the needle in snug it up into the hole but DON"T FORCE IT or you will damage the cone piece. Tighten the nut tight with your fingers and you should be good to go.

RM