tauruck

Question on fins and tails.

Hard: Carved out of polycarbonate, carved and molded with resin..

Semi hard: bristles.

Soft: soft plastic molded

Let your creativity guide you, soft, hard or in between all will change the lure action.

Thanks LaPala, I would like to go the bristle route. What do you think i should use?

@ tauruck

If you don't wanna look around for some special materials , you could cut the bristles from ordinary flat paint brushes as well ,.... on my first (and only , so far) swimbait I have done this as well , even tried to achieve a striped fin pattern by utilizing natural colored and black bristles .

Further describtions in a thread , that I had opened long time ago : "swimbait , very first attempt" .

good luck , diemai:yay:

Edited by diemai
text addition

@ tauruck

If you don't wanna look around for some special materials , you could cut the bristles from ordinary flat paint brushes as well ,.... on my first (and only , so far) swimbait I have done this as well , even tried to achieve a striped fin pattern by utilizing natural colored and black bristles .

Further describtions in a thread , that I had opened long time ago : "swimbait , very first attempt" .

good luck , diemai:yay:

Thanks Dieter. I'll do that. I found Fibetts at a Fly fishing store but they want too much for too little, Lol. My wife says she knows where to get some similar material so I'll wait. This is all new to me and I found out today that Fly Fishing is expensive.:eek:

Sinyo, I like it.

I'm wondering if it would work with clear acetate sheet with the markings. The sheet may curl up with the heat though. Very thin tracing paper would work.

Also, the cold curing clear RTV, recently introduced by husky, would probably work well too. Just a few ideas to throw out there.

Dave

Very interesting idea.

Can anyone tell me what type of plastic he uses there? I have never poured plastics, and I do not know what type of plastic could be used for the tail, or how to get it to liquid state. (a metal cup placed in hot water, or a metal cup directly over the fire). Thanks.