John Sanner

Glitter ?

John...just looking ahead with this post so your not upset later and I might just be assuming which is always a bad thing so please dont take this post the wrong way only trying to help if you hadnt thought about this already... dont just use Createx clear coat as your final clear.. it will not hold up.. .. however I know some guys that use it before they clear coat.. Actually I think Dean told me this once if I remember correct... Correct me if Im wrong Dino..

If your looking for some killer effects similiar to Glitter..you might look into getting some Gem Ruby or Gem Jade from Auto Air.. Same company that makes Createx.

Good luck,

The Rookie

Most of the glitter airbrush paints I've tried give a metallic sheen effect to the underlying paint. An example is Smith Wildlife colors Chrome Pearl, which imparts a nice silver baitfish sheen. If you want a flake (scale) effect using larger glitter, I haven't found any that will shoot through an airbrush. For larger glitter, I use cheap bottles of acrylic based hobby glitter, cut about 50% with water and painted on the lure with a soft artist's brush. The advantage is that you can control the amount and position of the glitter.

I mix Fasglitter Gold by Parma in translucent base and or clear and I can spray it with the .5mm tip in my Iwata. It is ultra fine and meant for spraying. It is very fine, so if you want more flash you will have to either mix OR dip a little Ultra fine glitter (available from your average hobby store) when you apply your topcoat (D2T/ETEX...). Otherwise you can spray the ultrafine if you go up in tip size available in some spray guns versus using an air brush.