balsa butcher

help on perch colors

You shouldn't need to mix unless you don't have many colors yet. I use createx flo orange, opaque green, gold, black, and pearl. All over a white undercoat. Then put on the pearl belly. Then a black coat to show through on the scale pattern. Gold over that with some green on the upper sides of the lure and some orange around the mouth bottom and sometimes a fin depending on how detailed I want to be. Next I paint the black side stripes. Sometimes I use a different scale pattern for the stripes and sometimes I don't and again it depends on how detailed I want to be. You can put clear in between some of the different colors to get a cool look too.

Like most fish, perch have various shades according to where they live. A simple "standard" pattern (all unmixed Createx colors, no scale effects) is: Orange belly, gold lower sides, green shoulders, 4 black perch points shot through a template, black back. Danderson's is undoubtedly nicer but more complex - depends on the amount of effort you want to expend. I paint some baits in simple perch every year before fishing in Canada, and it works great up there.

swedish perch

1.ochre sides

2.mossgreen over the ochre leave a bit off ochre towards the belly

3, gold scale tovards the back

4.antilopebrown to make the stripes with the template. freehand in so the stripes connect over the back.tone the back and head.

5.red for the fins also template

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

tu.jpg

4626_thumb.attach