mainbutter

What are your other hobbies?

I find hobbyists don't have just ONE hobby they are interested in, many of us branch out!

My big hobby other than fishing is reptiles. I currently am raising and breeding two pairs of crested geckos, and I'm raising up a female coastal carpet python who will be up to size and need a boyfriend in a couple years.

I also enjoy working in the kitchen. Most of my creative food-ing is put towards candy making. My favorites to work on are taffy, hard candies, and chocolate truffles. The easiest for me is caramels, and while I don't really do anything creative with caramels, they sure are just about some of the tastiest things I cook up.

Oh and I dabble in about a dozen different instruments, though none well enough to perform and be paid for it.

How about you guys?

My two hobbies are fishing and hunting and anything that is associated with the two. I just got into making some jigs this summer, but I have been making custom friction turkey calls for the last seven years.

I have found the calls are lot more time consuming and there are a lot more options when it comes to making them.

Up to the age of 16, I was a keen soccer player, also I did gymnastics, athletics and table tennis. I played cornet in competition brass bands for 25 years, but had to quit this when I started contract work abroad.

I have been playing snooker then pool since I was 10 years old and play around 25 hours a week. I am not a master, but can hold my own in most company. I find pool a great way to meet new friends when my work takes me to a new city. I play darts also, when it is available, but it has not caught on in Indonesia yet.

Dave