joshpink

senko process

Josh, I like to use soft formula plastic for sticks. But it really depends on how much action and durability you want. If i want a little tougher bait, I use medium formula and maybe add a bit of softener. The softener really does work so be careful not to add too much or you may end up with a bunch of noodles for baits:lol:. Remember too, that salt will toughen the bait a bit too. There are oodles of posts on here about making Senko baits. Just look around and you'll find all the info you can use. Good luck, JIM

Making sticks (or any other bait) is really a trial and error thing, best advice I can give ya is write up a formula, mix up a small batch and go see how they fish, then if needed tweak your forumla and try again. In time youll get a feel for how much to add to get a specific results

There are also many variables to consider. One of them being salt. The finer the granules, the easy they suspend. On the other hand, the finer the crystals the more opaque the bait will be. I suggest you start using the search engine using keywords relating to what you are looking for. There is a wealth of information up there. I would advise, sitting down and taking the time to familiarize yourself before you start pouring to avoid getting frustrated. Understanding a few of these things prior to starting will make you life easier. Trust me on this!:yay: