spoopa

Marbleized Epoxy

Hey there guys,

I just went down to the bowling shop today and I got myself a bowling ball lol. Well I was talking to him it ends up that he does some fishing to. I told him that I make my own lures and I use epoxy for the final coat. He showed me some of the epoxy he did on the balls and it looked very good. I then noticed that it looked marbleized. I asked him how he did that and he just said that he put some pearl and colors in the epoxy.

So is this the way that the marbleized effect is achieved? It looked very interesting:?

Thanks, Jacob

The guy that does my airbrush work on the chopper gas tanks does excellent marble. He puts down his first coat and when that's dry he sprays on the second contrasting colour and while it's wet he places Glad wrap over this. He kinda moves it around a bit and let's it dry. Then he peels the wrap off. Marble!. Spoopa if you want the low down on exact proceedure I'll give you Ashley's email. He'll help you no problem.

I use a product from House of Kolor called Marblizer....its applied in the same manner as you described, by spraying it over the basecolor and then using the gladwrap to manipulate the pattern....you can come up with some sweet looking effects....try using bubble wrap and you'll get interesting scaled patterns.....the marblizer ive got is a neutral color that I must add powered pearls with to get a contrasting color...otherwise I think it only comes in a few colors....they look best when sprayed over a dark base, but you can get cool effects over light colors too.

So you apply the paint after the epoxy has dried I take it? Then apply contrasting colors and put on another coat of epoxy? I think I get what your saying.

The only thing that would bug me with this is that your not getting that depth look with the colors because you are only applying colors on a flat surface..... unless you apply multiple coats of epoxy and do a color on each layer of epoxy:?

@ Mike

Its okay, it seems like a pretty basic procedure. Thanks for the offer though:)