mainbutter

Devcon 2 ton equivalents?

Actually, Loctite owns Devcon and that may be why Walmart stopped carrying Devcon and switched to Loctite. I'm not saying they're the same epoxy (who knows?). D2T works well but the main reason it's used for sealing wood is because you have it laying around anyway, waiting to use it as a topcoat. Any slow cure epoxy should work fine as a sealant, including a "30 minute" version of Loctite.

Recently, I have been having very good results using "Power Poxy for Pros" from Menards. It is 30 minute, 3500 lb strength two-part clear epoxy very similar to DT2. It seems to basically be the same. It flows really nice and, so far, I have no complaints. Menard's has 9 oz packages as well as the tubes.

Good Luck

Well don't rely on the 30 minute epoxy from Hobby Lobby to be waterproof. I have tried using it and put it to an unintentional test after assuming it was, and it turned cloudy and soft.

I had a few lures that ended up getting rained on literally all day and when I realized they had been coated with the epoxy from Hobby Lobby I immediately quit using it. So I was bummed but that is a good thing to figure out before relying on it even longer.