Tally

Rear hook hanger / screw

Hey Tally, Black Jack explained it in the post.

the green lines = are used to drill the line tie and the rear hook hanger the green lines are perpindiculars (right angles so that when you place the bait in a vise to drill the line tie and rear hook hanger are placed perfectly

FOLLOW THE PLANS AND DO IT THAT WAY!!

Hope that helps you out. Cody

I don't understand BlackJack how drilling the wire at an angle will increase the liklihood that the bait "will hunt". Here is what I am thinking.......right or wrong. So long as the wire is drilled with an equal amount of wood on either side of it it seems to me it would make no difference whatsoever whether it was drilled with an upward angle, downward angle, or straight in. The wire weighs virtually nothing relative to the combined weight of the bait and components and would have no leverage on it until a fish is hooked. The wire would therefore create little or no influence on the bait so long as it is drilled in the center. I would think the outside position of the hook hanger and thus leverage point (with the weight of the split ring and hook) would have a greater influence than the angle of the wire. I would like to hear your thoughts in this regard.

Thanks!

Jed

Jed,

I don't know what to tell ya about the angle of the hook hangers other than I have made about 60 of those baits and have done extensive testing of the different angle configurations. I made 15 with the wire drilled straight in the body, 15 with the wire drilled towards the belly, 15 drilled towards the backand 15 with regular screw eyes. I gave all of these baits to the guys that I fish with. They are hardcore fisherman and are kinda my guinea-pig club. All of the baits that had the wire configuration that I posted caught more fish. That is the bottom line for me more fish!!. Several of those baits were also hunters. I have duplicated this same result with several other baits. Making a bait that hunts is not something that can be duplicated everytime but thru testing I have found that with the line tie and rear hook hanger drilled out this way the baits are more appealing to fish. If you take apart a D-Bait the wire follows the contour of the top of the bait, as do many other thru wire baits